Monday, April 23, 2012

Paper Flowers

A couple mores cards to share using challenges, one color, one sketch and both cards use paper flowers.
 Of course, I loved this combo the minute I saw it at Play Date Cafe and set out to create a card to go along.
 I just love that cute polka dot tie so I wanted to incorporate that look somehow. Simple! Cute a banner shape and punch out some dots!
 The zig zag is a stamp by Paper Smooches and I hand cut my flower. Just a circle that was cut in a spiral and then rolled up. I did use that same gingham print that is by My Mind's eye.
 Next up, my Card Positioning Systems card for this week.
 My Favorite Things is our sponsor. This company is a favorite of mine for sure!!! I mixed in some My Mind's Eye papers.
 I used three different flower dies for my flowers. So easy to use!!! That neat border is one of their border dies and that sentiment is by My Favorite Things too. I cut that ring of yellow gingham paper with my Kreaxions circle cutter because that is truly the easiest tool to use for something like this.
And for a few photos, these beauties are all in my yard right now!!!!

 Last year I planted some red poppy seeds and some Johnny Jump Ups. This year they are all over our yard and it just makes me happy!


Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

14 comments:

  1. I have a "thing" for polka dots. LOL! I love how you created the look of the tie on the card. So clever and cute! The second card is so beautiful (and so are the flowers in your yard, Linda!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are so beautiful Linda. AND i too love polka dots,,,, so cute. AND so clever to make the tie.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless~really these are more than beautiful!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful projects - love the colors! I am so jealous of your poppies! Try as I might, they just won't do for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I particularly like the circle die-cut in the second one. It pulls together all the elements so well! I also love the photos you shared. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and cards too. I especially like the tie design's cleverness. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda...I LOVE that you were inspired by the tie! You really made these colors shine and it's so great to have you in The Cafe with us once again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, Linda! I'm lovin' those big polka dots! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe! And your garden looks absolutely lovely! TFS all those gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee the flowers!! And loving the photos!! You take such beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards once again and you are so blessed having natures beauty on your doorstep - appreciate every moment.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be still my heart!!!! LOOOOOOVE ALL these cards and photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE how your card was inspired by a polka dot tie!! Fabulous idea! Your cards are gorgeous and those flowers are just breathtaking. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the tie! Great cards and beautiful flower pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards and fabulous photos! Oh I wish i didn't live in deer country - can't have those pretty things!

    ReplyDelete