Sunday, September 14, 2014

The next AAA Cards challenge

It's Sunday again and time for the next AAA Cards challenge.
 This week, we were to use a team members card for inspiration. 
 Since I am so wanting summer to stay around for awhile longer, the sunburst design on Julia's card was a fun inspiration piece.  For my card, I started out with a favorite stamp from Neat and Tangled.  It is a large, distressed looking circle.  I inked it with two colors of Distress Stain, gave it a spritz of water and then stamped it.  Since I am loving playing with watercolor looks, I loved how this one turned out.  
 I then took a starburst stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and inked some of the rays with a yellow stamp pad.  I tried to be irregular in the length of the different rays while sponging on the ink.  The sentiment is from Mama Elephant and I added some black enamel dots to give it the finishing touches.  
Plus my card loosely follows the Freshly Made Sketch for this week. I love taking a piece of inspiration and making it my own.
And, I have to share some photos...
 We just returned from a magical time in Maui.  I don't know anything more to say then it was wonderful.  I tried to get lots of beach photos since there are so many different kinds of beaches there and it seemed that every day brought more amazing cloud formations.  
 On a beach walk, we came across a sand castle someone had built.  The waves had already taken part of it away, but I just loved the crumbling results, especially with more cloud formations in the background.  
One of our sightseeing trips was to the Iao Valley Monument.  It is a gorgeous garden-like area with great historical significance.  This is just one glimpse of that area. 
I sure hope you can get a chance this week to play along with the AAA Cards challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

10 comments:

  1. I loveeee your card!!!! GORGEOUS colors!! And loving the photos from Maui!! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can almost feel the energy from this card Linda!
    Fabulous case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspired card! LOVE the beach photos too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the visit to Maui! Lucky girl! Wonderful card, the shining sun is incredible. Hugs, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so much fun! I want summer to stick around, too. Loved the pictures of your trip. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, you really rocked Julia's inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your design. The sponged starburst is full of interesting texture and the little pop of color is so eyecatching! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your DI spritzing result is phenomenal, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely card and so effective! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete