Thursday, October 16, 2014

Succulent Love

Succulents have become my all time favorites for planting inside or outside.
 So....when Simon Says Stamp introduced this adorable set of planters and succulent plants, I simply had to have it and of course had to put it right to use.  The retro sketch for this week was the perfect format. Not to mention I also ordered this great stencil and that fit right in with the Addicted to CAS sketch challenge.  
 This succulent set also has a matching die set and I needed that too.  That pretty scallop label is from Reverse Confetti.  I started out with some watercolor paper that I had cut for my card base.  I added a wash of Shabby Shutters Distress Stain with some spritzes of water.  When that was dry, I wanted a little more detail for my card base so I used my new stencil and some Peeled Paint Distress Stain.  I added a little bit of those two colors to my label too.  The cup was cut from a piece of watercolor paper that I had played around with recently.  I found just the spot I wanted to cut the cup from.  The plant was also colored with Distress Stain and then accented with a white paint pen.  The sentiments are from the same stamp set. 
Here is the retro sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colors. Very soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stenciled leaves are the perfect backdrop for your succulents. I love the bright colors, too. So glad you joined us ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete