Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hip Hip Hooray for Easter Eggs


 Oh, just a background with a bunch of fun colors!!! This was such a super simple background to create with Distress Stains yet I am so in love with the magical mix of colors.  They just seem to go along with coloring an Easter egg.  The egg stamp is from Tim Holtz and the sentiment is from Wplus9 Designs.  
I applied some Distress Stains directly to an acrylic block, gave that a little spritz of water and then placed it directly to a piece of watercolor paper.  I picked it up but there was still plenty of ink on the block so I blotted it here and there to add more color.  I didn't even need to color the egg because the background has so much color to it.
My card fits the CAS-ology Spring challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this artsy card. Those colors are just perfect (don't ya love it when that happens!) and the unexpected sentiment is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda!!! I love your card!! Your colors are fantastic and so spring like. I love that egg, I have to check it out. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, this is a stunner! That watercolor background is gorgeous - the type of thing I'm always trying to create but never quite achieving. LOL! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete