Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Yellow is such a Happy color

I wanted to use the CAS(e) this sketch for this week and since I picked this "happy" die from PaperTrey Inc, I just had to pick yellow for my main color. 
 I learned today that "smooching" is evidently a crafting term and that is what I did to create my simple background.  I tapped a few shades of Distress Stain directly to an acrylic block, spritzed that with water and then "smooched" the block onto my watercolor paper.  I love that it is really such a random way to add color and that so works especially with these inks and watercolor paper. 
 The flower is a multi step flower from Altenew stamps.  Again, another stamp that I really love and you can create your flower from any number of color combinations.  
 See the little specks of gold because one of the Distress Stains that I used is tarnished brass, a metallic ink.  
Here is the CAS(e) this sketch that I used.
It also fits the Addicted to Stamps and More Anything Goes challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

3 comments:

  1. I love the yellow splatter there
    and the added of rose is perfecto
    great HAPPY card
    many thanks to joining us at ATSM this time
    hug
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous card with the yellow smooshed bg. The bold black and red really stand out against that! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing your beautiful cards again soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete